Dear Langley Friends,
Our Government has begun consulting with Canadians across our great country in preparation for Budget 2013. Budget 2013 will continue to build on the momentum of Canada’s Economic Action Plan by focusing on job creation and economic growth, while helping ensure a return to balanced budgets over the medium term. In this context, the Government of Canada would like to hear your views on:
- Do you agree that Canada should return to balanced budgets?
- The global economic recovery is slowing. While Canada is still doing better than most, we are still vulnerable to shocks from beyond our borders. Are there measures we can take to strengthen our economy in the face of global economic threats?
- The Government of Canada is on track to return to balanced budgets over the medium term. However, we will be flexible and pragmatic in our efforts in order to secure strong economic growth and job creation. Are there any cost-neutral or low-cost measures that Government can introduce in order to further solidify our economic recovery and position Canada to compete and prosper over the long-term?
- Economic Action Plan 2012 included a number of measures to ensure that Canada’s finances were on a sustainable track. This builds on our Government’s belief of respecting taxpayers dollars. In what areas should we look for more efficient and effective spending?
- How can the Government further encourage private sector growth and leadership in the economy
Thank you for your thoughtful consideration and input.